Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Daily Fix in The ATX:
Sweatbox Reopens and Austin's Adult Swim Party Returns!

Since I'm still recovering from my day job training (still in progress), I've decided to restrict my Sunday entertainment updates to one or two event mentions, instead of the 7-day scoop.


I can hardly wait to review stellar local CDs produced here! (Click on image to get a better view.)

Sweatbox Recording Studio in Austin, TX Reopens and You're Invited to The Party- Today!

I got the official word from one of my favorite bands, Cat Scientist. Ever since reviewing their stellar CD Cicada (Australian Cattlegod) which features Austin's own partylife theme song "Precipice"), I've been a fan, and hope to see and hear a lot more of them this summer. You lucky Austinites will get to hear them in a free show today featuring a dozen other bands I adore, such as labelmates Attack Formation, and some other bands I enjoy hearing live- Tia Carrera, Youngmond Grand and MonkeyTown (San Marcos, TX).

These bands are celebrating the re-opening of the world-renowned Sweatbox recording studio, in a wonderful new East Austin location. You can read the official news in Austin360.com.

This is the line-up with approximate performance times, subject to change:

American People 6:00
Meat Purveyors 5:40
Attack Formation 5:20
Tia Carrera 5:00
Cat Scientist 4:40
Youngmond Grand 4:20
Good Times Crisis Band 4:00
Peglegasus 3:40
the Easies 3:20
Emily Sparks 3:00
Monkey Town 2:40
Snake Trap 2:20
Sisterunaked 2:00

Sweatbox Reopens!
2:00 pm
1406 Smith Road
Austin, TX
All Ages/Free

And according to Cat Scientist, besides "a shitload of bands", there will be 5 kegs! (Please drink responsibly and have a designated driver on your way to the next event.)

And later today...


Click to view larger image of flier.

The Compound Presents The Return of [austin swim] Tonight

I'm excited about it, but until my schedule allows me to stay up later, I'll be recording [adult swim] on Cartoon Network instead of attending the Austin's [adult swim] party. For those who can stay up a little later than the rest of us working stiffs, this is the 4-1-1 from the [austin swim] MySpace bulletin:

1) We're at the original location again
2) Paris Hilton WILL NOT BE THERE
3) HellapeƱo @ 9pm, Lucas Molandes @ 8:30, and Troy Dillinger @8pm
4) You can TiVo the Sopranos and watch it later
5) Free Pizza from Rockin' Tomato @ 8pm
6) [adult swim] @ 10pm
7) You'll be done in time to get to Elysium

See ya there!!!

Austin Swim
When: Sunday Jun 10, 2007
at 8:00 PM
Where:
The Compound
1300 E 4th St
Austin, TX 78702
Click Here To View Event

The Compound is actually outside Scoot Inn in East Austin. It's the perfect new home for the [adult swim] summer parties here in th. Get there early to get a good seat, for free pizza (now ever Sunday!), to hear live music from Texas rockers HellapeƱo and Troy Dillinger, and comedy from Lucas Simon Molandes. And of course, view [adult swim] on a jumbo screen. Don't quote me on this, but I think the cover is just a couple of bucks more than the cost of a gallon of petrol- $5.

No comments: